Technical and 2D

For this project, we're sticking with Unity 3D as our game-making engine, but things are getting flatter. This project will use Unity's 2D capabilities to create its scenes and experiences! After watching Introduction to Unity from a 2D Perspective (by Unity), I'm pretty happy to see that it looks like navigation and the interface on the 2D side of things are (tentatively) similar to Unity's 3D side. (I still need to dive into working hands-on in Unity's 2D side.) From there, my main take-aways were that sprites (the object equivalent in 2D) are made up of several pieces organized into families, which seems good for animating characters. We'll be using several Colliders to approximate the shapes of our sprites.
Now, as we continue to work on the story, the perspective of the player and the portrayal of the setting will become large factors. I'm excited about working with my team to figure these factors out.
Ultimately, I want this to be a strong, engrossing story. And my mindset when approaching character design is, give them so much character, the audience can't help but find them genuine and believable.
More to come~

Comments

Popular Posts